APPLICANT: Please respond to the following questions. Attach your typed responses to this form.
- Please list your extracurricular, community, employment or other activities in order of their importance to you. Indicate the dates you participated in the activity, positions held and the number of hours per week you spend on each activity. We realize that the way you spend your time outside the classroom may be affected by factors beyond your control, such as the need to work.
- List any significant awards or honors you have received during high school for academic or extracurricular achievements.
- Essays: You must respond to both essays for your scholarship selection. Each essay should be no longer than 500 words.
Education Leaders Scholarship
- What is the “Value of Education?”
- What was the most difficult time in your life? How did you overcome this difficulty?
- Please ask two individuals who know you well to submit letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a teacher or other school professional.
- Please submit an official transcript with most current semester courseload and school profile with application materials. A school profile is an information sheet about your high school. This profile would include information on the school location, student enrollment and/or types of courses offered. If the school does not offer a school profile the applicant will not be penalized if it is not included with the application materials.
Application materials must be mailed in one packet. Transcripts and letters of recommendation should not be sent under separate cover. To verify receipt of your application, include a self-addressed stamped envelope. A photograph is optional. Incomplete, e-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered. We suggest that you keep copies of your application materials. Winners will be notified and announced on our web site in August. We regret that we are unable to individually notify other applicants of the decision on their applications.