All eligible applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Regina C. Williams Memorial Scholarship recipients will be selected annually by the Regina C. Williams Memorial Scholarship Foundation scholarship committee, after review of application material. Academic references, academic standing, commitment to the academic program, and other specified criteria will be considered.
- Awards will be made to Prince George’s County high school seniors who have been accepted into a collegiate institution and will pursue a bachelor’s degree in Education and other Choices of Study. Applicants enrolled full-time in baccalaureate programs in the next fall term are the primary candidates for the awards.
- Applicant must be a full-time college/university freshman in the upcoming academic year.
- Students must submit an application and all required information by the deadline.
- Completed application form with all supporting documentation must be postmarked by April 30th, and received within one week. No late applications or parts of the application packet will be accepted.
- The award is intended to be used during the traditional academic year (fall through spring), and for academic purposes such as tuition, fees, room, board, and/or books.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to determine if an award will be given in a selected year.
- Scholarship funds are payable to educational institution(s) and forwarded to recipient(s) account. Exceptions to this policy can be made by decision of the Scholarship Committee based upon individual circumstances.
- Relatives of the current Regina C. Williams Memorial Scholarship Foundations’ Selection Committee are ineligible.
- Scholarship recipient selection(s) will be made without regard to race, age, gender, religion, political beliefs, employment status, or any other factor, which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
- Student must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and must attend college in the U.S. during the duration of the scholarship year.
- Student must be currently enrolled in Prince George’s County Schools with an expected graduation date of May of the current year.
- Student must be a Prince Georges’ County Resident (Proof of PG residence must be submitted)
- Student must be in good standing, have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative overall grade point average at his/her high school when application is submitted.
- Student must submit a transcript from high school or other institutions of higher education. Transcripts must indicate cumulative grade point average.
- Student must submit three brief letters of recommendation from:
- High School Faculty or Recent Employer
- An adult of choice (non-relative).
- Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final in all matters related to the above practices.
- The Award amount will be determined by the amount of qualified candidates and available funds.
- Should any of the chosen recipients of the scholarship fail to attend a college or university the following fall term, then the applicant who was judged as an alternate will receive the award.
- Award recipients must provide confirmation of college or university enrollment and will be requested prior to funding the award.
- The Regina C. Williams Scholarship Committee further reserves the right to change these guidelines annually.
Regina C. Williams Scholarships may be used to supplement benefits from the college or university a student plans to attend. Scholars may use the scholarship to cover the costs of tuition, fees, books, room and board, computers, health insurance, and other college-related expenses.